60 children are admitted into Reception in the September following their fourth birthday. An online preference form should be completed with the Local Authority (LA)* in the autumn prior to their admission, parents can choose up to three schools placed in order of preference. Places are offered in the spring by the LA.
- Children with Special Educational Needs and an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP).
- Looked after (LAC) or previously looked after children.
- Siblings of children who will still be attendance at the start date.
- Distance (measured in a straight line from school)
Children in Years 1 to 6
Applications for a place in these year group should be submitted to the school and the children will be placed on the waiting list. If places become available they will be offered to children from the waiting list using the above criteria. These applications will be held for an academic year but reapplication will be required each September should parents wish their child to remain on the waiting list.
Our admission level is 60 per year group and this can only be exceeded following an instruction from the LA Appeals Panel. Appeals should be made to the Admissions and Appeals Department of Birmingham City Council.
For more information regarding school admissions please visit the Schools Admissions page on the Birmingham City Council website.
* Residents who live outside Birmingham City Council should apply through their local council.