Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children.
If you see or hear any information that concerns you regarding safeguarding, please speak to Mr Paul Edgerton (Headteacher) who is our Designated Safeguarding Leader.
Alternatively you can speak to Miss R Smithson (Assistant Headteacher), Miss J Green (Assistant Headteacher), Miss E Grencis (Assistant Headteacher) or Mrs R Sperrink (SENDCo) who are our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads.
Your designated Safeguarding Lead:
Maney Hill Primary School
0121 464 9673
For out of school hours concerns:
Birmingham Children’s Advice and Support (CASS)
Monday to Thursday: 8:45am to 5:15pm
Telephone: 0121 675 4806
Purpose of our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Our school is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
At our school in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, value and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases and suspected abuse
This means that everyone at Maney Hill Primary School is committed to:
- protecting children from harm at all times
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
- working in partnership with parents and external agencies to keep children safe